President Benigno Semion C. Aquino III initiated the new system of education. This program requires all incoming students to enroll into two more years of Basic Education.
K+12 system basically include the universal kindergarten 6 years of elementary, 4 years of junior high school with an additional 2 years for senior high school, the program also aims to uplift the quality of education in the Philippines in order for graduates to be easily employed. The proposal aims to produce employable 18 years old high school graduates by giving them a longer time to study and master employable skills.
The system aims to fully enhance and develop the students in order to be well prepared especially in emotional and cognitive aspects. The curriculum will allocate specialization in Science and Technology, Music and Arts, Agriculture and Fisheries, Sports, Business and Entrepreneurship. Continue reading “K+12 Basic Education Program In The Philippines”
Library is the center of knowledge in a school, it should provide the pupils additional knowledge through reading books, magazines and other materials for research.
But a library can only serve its purpose if it can offer sufficient materials for the one using it, besides it should be conducive for learning.
A library becomes useless if no one is coming in to use it. It’s a sad thing that pupils nowadays seem no longer interested in using the library even though they have vacant period to do so.
First, the school must ensure that the library is attractive enough so that pupils find it enjoyable using it. Second, it should have sufficient and variety of books to choose from. Third, teachers should always remind the pupils the importance of going and using the library.
Its high time to look back and find out what went wrong. It’s about time to reconsider things. We believe that it’s not too late to make our library a haven for learning. Remember, reading is the father of all learning.
Of course, it’s a little bit expensive rehabilitating our school library, from its physical structure to its reading materials and equipment, but its the right time to do it. Let us invest in something that can bring additional knowledge to our pupils.
In consonance with the celebration of Nutrition Month Celebration with this year’s theme “Gutom at Malnutrisyon , Sama-sama Nating Wakasan” teachers and parents must be aware of some eating disorders common among school children in order to avoid or prevent such nutritional problems.
Here are some of the eating disorders among school children :
- Anorexia – some boys and girls experienced such problems which apparently during the change in growth and the delayed development of sexual growth.
- Bloating and stomach pain such as stomach and gastrointestinal tract and acid re-flux are common among children who undergo such physical changes.
- Low Blood Pressure
- Slow process of information as part of the mental changes are connected to eating disorders.
These are some of the signs the school children suffer in eating disorders that needed to be resolved so that growing children will become healthier and choose food which are appropriate to their physical growth.
Teachers often times complain about the pupil’s attendance in school because there are children who are fond of making absences and some are habitual absentee. It’s been a concern of teachers how they can encourage this kind of school children to attend regular classes but a lot has been done and they failed.
In our modern era where modern technology is at hand and our kids are surrounded by these gadgets, we need to consider our classroom settings and it’s high time to create a wholesome classroom atmosphere where kids will be encouraged to go back to attend their classes. First, teachers need to teach all his pupils to care for each other and allow them to understand the importance of loving and accepting the members of the class. Pupils can easily adopt to the environment if there is acceptance and affirmation in the group. Peace will also prevail in the class thus, quarreling will be avoided. Creating a positive atmosphere will also help to attract kids to come to school daily. Continue reading “Creating a Wholesome Classroom Atmosphere”
One of the observations of teachers and parents today is the decline of good manners or values among kids or school children. The way they talk, they behave, deal with adults or even their simple gestures reflect the modern day living which is far, far different from the behavior of children before. A lot of behavioral problem also rise in school even at home that focuses on the manners of children. These matters were the burden of both teachers and parents today. Continue reading “The Importance of Teaching Values Among School Children”
Mass media plays an important role in creating awareness, sharing of knowledge and views thus serve as mirror of society which greatly affects how its people view a variety of things where they live. It encourages every individual to seek for the truth but not everything we need, hear or see in any forms of mass media expresses the truth. And most of the time children are the viewers of the most popular form of mass media-television.
Television can make or break the character of every child as if can entertain, inform and keep a company. Thus TV can influence a child to possess desirable or undesirable attitudes . Studies have shown that television and media in general , can also have a very negative influence. Some studies indicate television can shorten attention span, create fear and increase aggressive and anti-social behavior if exposure is un-monitored and unlimited. Continue reading “Proper Guidance is Needed”
Nowadays, children are very lazy to read a book because they though that it was a boring activity. So now we will list the top ten good reasons why should we read a book.
- It gives us knowledge . A book is very useful to us especially in studying or researching some ideas or facts but when the internet became popular, students now search for what they need in computer but books contains better information yet more cheaper than internet.
- Books can entertain us when we are bored. Actually it’s true, because when I am bored and nothing to do I just read a story book and I didn’t notice that the time was passing quickly . So try it’s very fun.
- We can learn many moral lessons . Books also contain good moral lessons especially the story books for kids which teach good manners and right conduct so even you are only a child practice reading books.
- Reading book is much better than playing computer because you can’t learn anything in playing computer .You just wasting your time and money but in books you will learn a lot.
- It can also give you some ideas about place , persons, foods, or plants so if you want to know more about anything then read a book.
- Books can widen your vocabulary if you are weak in spelling there’s a book that can help you in your problem and this is. Dictionary. And take note the dictionary does not only contain spelling but also the meaning of a word.
- Books have more ideas compare to internet because in internet it only contains the summary of what you are looking for. So you better consult first the book before internet.
- You can also use books in reviewing . The reason is not all the lessons you learn in school is on the internet.
- Books are good teacher to students. Do you know why? Because teachers also refer on books and can also teach a lot on students.
- Books can also widen your imaginations. Because when you read a story you are thinking the actions that happened on the story especially the story that has no pictures. So if you want to widen up your imagination go on read a book and it is totally fun.
These are my 10 reasons why all of us should read a book. And even you are only child you must learn how to read a book because when you grow up it can help you many times. So if you are not reading a book well try it’s very entertaining, fun and interesting.
If a teachers has a strong personality and can motivate her class well, learning will take place. Generally, pupils don’t like inactive, slow and weak teacher. Teaching- learning situation will be boring if teachers possess these traits. Today, pupils love to have teachers who will inspire them and someone who makes teaching enjoyable.
Teachers can easily motivate pupils to learn if they can perform variety of roles inside the class… teachers should know how to sing, how to act, how to recite poems, tell interesting stories, knows how to introduce games and the like. Learning will surely take place having this kind of teacher.
Gone are the traditional teachers who don’t know how to smile and who always get angry in the class…teachers today always smile and welcome each day as bright and enjoyable time. Most of the teachers today have strong personalty that leads to an effective teaching- learning situation.