The Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS) in partnership with the Southern Broadcasting Network (SBN) piloted the implementation of Radio-Based Instruction is an alternative delivery mode utilizing ALS Accreditation and Equivalency (A&E) System through radio broadcast.
Accreditation and Equivalency System is designed to meet the objectives of Education For All (EFA) and thereby increase access of marginalized learners to basic education.
The RBI program was launched on November 4, 2004. The program provided more opportunities for the OSY and Adults to gain more knowledge, attitudes, values and skills needed to improved their quality of life and increase the level of their participation in community activities.
The specific objectives of the program are: to provide learning opportunities for listeners who are out-of-school youth and adults and to enable learners/listeners acquire equivalency in basic education.
The preparatory activity is to conduct orientation/training of Mobile Teachers/District ALS Coordinators and Instructional Managers in the Division Office by BALS and Regional staff.
Target learners are all OSY and Adults in the communities within the project sites. However, for the purpose of monitoring the DepEd Personnel of the concerned division will identify two (2) specific learning groups to be monitored and evaluated for pilot implementation.
Regular schedule of broadcast will depend on the available time to be given by the radio station. If necessary, broadcast time should be three times a week from 11:00-11:30 in the morning and with repeat broadcast in the evening of the same days.
Role of the Parties Involved, Instructional Manager, Mobile Teacher and District ALS Coordinator:
- Identify the learners who will listen to the radio broadcast as scheduled for a period of ten months in coordination with local DepEd Officials
- Coordinate with the radio broadcaster on the module/topics to be discussed during the week
- Meets the learners once a week for at least three (3) hours to follow-up topics taken during the week
- Provide feedback regularly to the monitors regarding issues/problems encountered during the program implementation
- Keep and maintain records of learners
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to BALS via DepEd Regional and/or Division Offices
Ariel D. Cañete
Abucay District ALS Coordinator
Latest posts by Teacher Ariel Cañete
- Quality Education For Indigenous People
- Be Part of Abot-Alam for a Zero OSY Philippines
- Implementation of Radio-Based Instruction (RBI) Utilizing The Local Community Radio Stations
- Alternative Learning System-Madrasah Education For Muslim Out-Of-School Youth (OSY) And Adults
- Elements Of Alternative Learning System (ALS) Informal Education (INFED)
I believe this is among the most significant information for me.
And i am satisfied studying your article. However wanna statement on few
general things, The web site style is ideal,
the articles is really excellent : D. Excellent task, cheers
Thank you for every other informative blog. Where
else may just I get that type of information written in such an ideal means?
I have a challenge that I’m just now operating on, and I’ve been on the glance out for
Hey! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone!
Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to
all your posts! Keep up the superb work!
Leave a comment